Monday, August 22, 2022

Updates & Announcements about DJ in Real Life - Moving to YouTube

 Greetings, friends!!!

Yesterday, I posted the last episode of DJ in Real Life...on Twitch.  That's right, after several months of live video shoots on Twitch, DJRL will be moving...that's right, moving...to YouTube.  As I talked about in past episodes, this has been a phased process to get to this point.  The first phase was the audio podcast version of DJRL, which you can find currently on the DJRL YouTube channel in the Podcast Episodes playlist.  The second phase was the Twitch channel, where old episodes of those can be found in the highlights section of the DJRL channel there.  The third and final phase is the move to YouTube, which is still now in the works.

Honestly, I was expecting to be on Twitch for a long time.  However, I've been having some serious wi-fi issues with my computer and problems with other equipment which made it no longer feasible to be able to confidently do the show on Twitch any longer, especially in regard to post production on that platform.  Because of this, I've been working on moving the show permanently to YouTube.  That was always my goal but I was not expecting to have to make the move so soon.

Changes are already afoot in preparation of the move to YouTube.  The website address djinreallife.com now goes to the DJRL YouTube page (it used to go to the Twitch one).  I have new post-production software for Android devices where I can put together & even upload the show from my phone (or a tablet I may purchase in the future).  The social media pages are still the same but I have updated the header images for those.  Because I won't be doing the show live (rather, it'll be live-to-tape) like I had to do on Twitch, I won't need a wi-fi connection to record video so all I'll need is a power outlet when I'm out recording.  That will free me up to do the show from a whole bunch of locations I didn't expect to be able to do them from.  Also, now that I have some post-production software, I won't have to memorize the ending spiel like I had to for Twitch as a lot of that spiel will be part of the end credit sequences at the end of each episode.

I want to make sure I start the new version of the show on good footing & with a proper foundation, so I'm going to take my time and wait to record & put together the first episode.  I don't have a timeframe for when the show will relaunch but it will happen sometime before the end of the year.  I'm hoping it'll be fully going by early November at the latest as I want to get some video in the can & maybe full episodes before getting that first show up and online.  Also, there is more stuff I want to get before I start really going.  Until then, I will be posting updates on social media about the new show's progress and make an official announcement on when the first episode will arrive when it's about to drop.  Until then, take care and God Bless, everyone.

DJ

No comments:

Post a Comment